Your Art Community Commissions
- Are you a community group or organisation based in South Tyneside or Sunderland
- Do you have a creative idea that you want to develop with your community (perhaps in response to the Covid 19 pandemic)?
- Do you want to collaborate with The Cultural Spring to test your idea?
The Cultural Spring is keen to work in partnership with groups/organisations in South Tyneside and Sunderland to test new ideas to connect people with creative activities in response to the Covid 19 pandemic.
We’re looking for ideas that are co-designed and genuinely place local people at the centre of the projects in order to reach people who don’t usually have access to creative activities and opportunities.
We’re open to what the creative ideas are that you want to test, as long as they align with The Cultural Spring’s values and priorities.
How can The Cultural Spring support your group/organisation?
- We can match you with a member of The Cultural Spring team who can share their experience and insight of getting community-based arts projects started
- We can provide support to market your idea to potential audiences/participants
- We can help evaluate the success and reach of your project
- We can signpost you to funders that can help you grow your idea and become sustainable
- We can provide small amounts of cash (up to £500) to help you test out your idea.
If you’re interested in working in collaboration with The Cultural Spring in this way, please complete the short expression of interest form by midday on 3rd August.
Expressions of Interest will be considered on:
- How the proposal relates to the ambitions of The Cultural Spring, including providing new opportunities for people to engage in the arts.
- How well the proposal has been co-designed with local people and how they will subsequently be involved in the project.
- The opportunities for sustainability and legacy of the proposed project/activity.
Whilst we will consider expression of interests from all parties on its own merit, we particularly welcome expressions of interest from community groups/organisations that:
- Propose projects co-designed with families, men and people from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic communities. This is due to current participation rates within The Cultural Spring being below the population rates for those groups in the local community.
- Propose projects that take place in following ward areas in Sunderland (Doxford, Ryhope and Silksworth) and South Tyneside (Hebburn North, Hebburn South and Primrose).
Once the deadline above has passed, our panel of Your Art Community Connectors will then select the ideas that they would like to explore further. Those groups/community groups will then be invited to discuss their idea in more detail.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in becoming a Your Art Community Connector? Visit our volunteer page for more information.