Your Art: Community Commissions
Calling amateur/community arts, cultural or creative groups based in South Tyneside or Sunderland.
Do you need support to get your group up and running to full capacity again due to the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic?
The Cultural Spring is keen to work with amateur/community arts, cultural or creative groups in South Tyneside and Sunderland to support you as you get your groups up and running to full capacity again.
- Need help securing the longer term future of your group?
- Need help reaching new members?
- Need help finding a new venue?
- Need help sourcing an artist or arts organisation?
We know that the support groups need will not be a ‘one size fits all’ approach and are interested to hear from you about what support you group would most benefit from in the current environment. We anticipate being able to support up to 10 groups through this process.
To be considered for support, your group must:
- Be based and meet within South Tyneside and Sunderland (including the Coalfields and Washington).
- Deliver arts, cultural or creative activities for the benefit of residents living in South Tyneside and Sunderland.
- Be an amateur/community group led by volunteers/the community.
- Have a bank or building society account into which any funds can be paid.
- Demonstrate a track record of successfully running the group pre-March 2020.
If you’re interested in working in partnership with The Cultural Spring in this way, please complete the short expression of interest form by 12noon on Monday 6 September 2021.
It is not possible to save your expression of interest form and return to it, so we encourage you to complete it as a word document first. A copy of the questions you are asked to complete is available here.
Expressions of Interest will be considered by a panel of Community Champions using the following criteria:
- How the proposal relates to the ambitions of The Cultural Spring
- Open to new members and access and inclusion needs have been considered
- The opportunities for long-term sustainability of the group
- Value for money
- A commitment to being involved in the evaluation process, if support is secured by your group.
We invite expressions of interest from all amateur/community groups in South Tyneside and Sunderland that deliver arts, cultural or creative activities.
We particularly welcome expressions of interest from amateur/community groups that work with individuals currently underrepresented in The Cultural Spring programme (families, men and ethnically diverse communities) and groups that meet in the following ward areas in Sunderland (Doxford, Ryhope and Silksworth) and South Tyneside (Hebburn North, Hebburn South and Primrose).
Once the deadline above has passed, our panel of Your Art Community Champions will then select the groups that will receive support and you will be matched with a Community Connector who will support you through the next stages.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in becoming a Your Art Community Connector? Visit our volunteer page for more information.