We hope that The Cultural Spring will have a lasting legacy for communities. We have designed Your Art to commission community groups to try out and develop their own arts ideas and to support people to shape, lead and programme arts events that they want in their own communities.
Funding can be used for:
- Starting a new arts group (i.e. a choir, drawing group, etc.)
- Delivering an event/workshop(s) with an arts focus.
- Contracting an artist(s) or an arts organisation to work with your community organisation/group.
- Travel and accommodation costs to develop a relationship with an artist or arts organisation.
- The cost of taking your group to see artwork or an event not included in the Cultural Spring’s ‘Go and See’ programme.
- Arts materials or equipment (when used as part of a project/activity outlined in the application).
Please note all projects/activities must demonstrate what the longer-term impact will be for local people.
Application deadlines for 2018 are:
- 30th June
- 30th September
Can I apply?
To apply for Your Art 2018 funding:
- You must be a Sunderland or South Tyneside based community organisation/group, such as a Community Association, or an informal, un-constituted group such as an art group or group of residents. Your group should be made up of at least four people.
- Your idea must have an arts focus and you should be able to demonstrate that other local people want to get involved in this activity.
- You must be planning something new and ensure that your project/activity is not just a continuation of what your community organisation/group does already.
- You must demonstrate that your project/activity will provide an opportunity for more people to get involved in the arts or if an existing group how this project/activity will increase membership.
- Your community organisation/group must have a bank account that we can pay the funding into.
- Your project must be completed within six months of the funding award being made.
Please refer to the Your Art Guidance Notes 2018 for more information.
How much can I apply for?
You can apply to Your Art in two stages:
- Stage 1: Up to £400: This stage is to support trying out new ideas or getting new activities off the ground.
- Stage 2: Up to £1,000: At this stage we would expect a more developed idea with activities already planned, possibly building on a Stage 1 application.
How do I apply?
To apply, please complete the Your Art 2018 Application Form.
If you have any additional access needs that we can support you with to enable you to submit an application, please let us know.
Please refer to the Your Art Guidance Notes 2018 for more information when completing the application form.
How do we make our decision?
Applications will be considered and assessed by a panel of five local residents based across Sunderland and South Tyneside.
You will receive a decision within six weeks of the deadline date for applications.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0191 427 8197.