We hope that The Cultural Spring will have a lasting legacy for communities. We have designed Your Art to commission community groups to try out and develop their own arts ideas and to support people to shape, lead and programme arts events that they want in their own communities.
For any questions email Michael Barrass.
This is a rolling programme. Your Art will be available from March 2017 – December 2019.
Funding can be used for:
- Contracting an artist/s or an arts organisation.
- Travel and accommodation costs to develop a relationship with an artist or arts organisation.
- The cost of taking your group to see artwork or events not included in the Cultural Spring’s ‘Go and See’ programme. Please note these can be either inside or outside of the Cultural Spring wards.
- The commission cannot be spent wholly on materials or equipment.
Can I apply?
To apply you must:
- Be a group based in Sunderland or South Tyneside that is made up of at least four people: this can be a constituted group, such as a Community Association, or an informal, un-constituted group such as an art group.
- Your idea must have an arts focus and you should be able to demonstrate that other people want to get involved in this activity.
- Be planning something new. We cannot provide support solely for existing groups to continue the same activity.
- Have a bank account that we can pay the fund into.
- The group who this activity/project benefits MUST make the application. Applications are not eligible from artists delivering the suggested activity who live in or outside the wards.
- If you are applying on behalf of a school, academy or college your application must demonstrate wider community engagement. Unfortunately due to the nature of our project we are unable to fund projects that are solely focussed on activities for pupils.
How much can I apply for?
You can apply to Your Art in two stages:
Stage 1: Up to £400: This stage is to support trying out new ideas or getting new activities off the ground.
Stage 2: Up to £1,000: At this stage we would expect a more developed idea with activities already planned, possibly building on a Stage 1 application.
How do we make our decision?
Applications will be assessed by a panel of five residents based across Sunderland and South Tyneside who have participated in The Cultural Spring programme.
Proposals will be considered and assessed on the following criteria:
- How the proposed activity relates to the ambitions of The Cultural Spring programme, including providing new opportunities for people to engage in the arts.
- Is the project led and owned by the community and does it supports community involvement throughout the planned activity and allows increased access for residents to get involved.
- The group’s ability to manage and deliver the proposed activity.
- A realistic, well-costed budget.
- Sustainability and legacy of the proposed activity.
You will receive a decision within six weeks of the deadline date for applications.
How do I apply?
The next Your Art deadline is September 30th 2017.
To apply please complete the Your Art Application Form 2017.
Please refer to the Your Art Applicant Guidance Notes for more information about applying.
If you have any questions about Your Art, please email firstname.lastname@example.org