Sunderland 2021 are currently looking for a Team 2021 Project Co-ordinator. Below is the brief to apply.
Title – Team 21 Project Co-ordinator
- Length of contract – 9th January – 8th September 2017 (8 months)
- Proposed work pattern – 0.2 FTE or 1 day per week
- Fee Available £4,300.00
- Contracted to – The MAC Trust
In order to develop the Generation 21 strand of our UK City of Culture Bid, Sunderland 2021 is looking to bring together a ‘team’ of young people from across the city aged between 15 – 18y ears old to learn about the City of Culture process, act as advisors to the bid writing team, act as champions for the project and develop a number of key strands within the final competition submission. With the support of Hays Travel Foundation we are now looking to recruit a freelance project co-ordinator to assist us with this work.
Key Roles and responsibilities of the post
- Team 21 recruitment
- To work with the Sunderland 2021 team and key partners including Sunderland College, Schools, Youth Groups and Hays Travel to identify and recruit a diverse group of young people from across Sunderland to take part in Team 21.
- Team 21 engagement and communication
- To manage Team 21 communications including weekly social media posts, monthly email updates and when appropriate commission specific design and print for information packs, fact sheets and/ or posters.
- Ideas Forums
- To co-ordinate a series of meetings with Team 21 to support the young people to learn about the bid and generate ideas for inclusion in the submission.
- Go and See Visits
- To co-ordinate a small number of go & see visits to support Team 21’s cultural learning and leadership development.
- The successful candidate will need to demonstrate experience of co-ordinating / managing cultural projects with young people.
- A strong understanding and commitment to diversity.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A passion for arts and culture in Sunderland.
If you are interested in the role, please send a CV and cover letter to Hannah Matterson (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 2nd December 2016.