We’re looking to commission a filmmaker/filmmakers, to document our project and to create a series of short films and take images throughout the next year of our programme.
We would like the films to be of high quality, which help to raise the profile of The Cultural Spring, its activities, participants and partners.
This will include images, filming and editing of:
- Our workshop programme in community venues across Sunderland and South Tyneside.
- Our large scale commissions (two per year).
- A selection of projects supported through our Your Art Scheme.
- A flavour of our Go and See opportunities.
- Up to two projects supported through our Community Boost programme, including ‘Set the Sails’ our Sunderland Tall Ships community engagement project.
We envisage that the short films will be anywhere from 30 seconds – 6 minutes in duration. We are really keen to capture people’s journeys and participant voices as part of this brief.
We would like:
- A 5 – 6 minute film showcasing the fourth year of The Cultural Spring. This will be produced in February 2018 (our project year runs from Feb 2017 – Jan 2018).
- 6 x 30 second videos for Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms. To include focus on a particular participant’s journey and story with us through our workshop programme, large scale commission, Your Art project and Go and See visits.
- A series of short films capturing projects and commissions from now until next year to be produced at various intervals throughout the year and by the end of October 2018.
We’re looking for a filmmaker / filmmakers who can offer creative suggestions about how best to capture and share the different elements of our project digitally. For example, the 30 second films which can help our marketing and evaluation purposes.
Here are examples of previous Cultural Spring videos: https://vimeo.com/user23398103
Estimated 30 days between 1st November 2017 – 31st October 2018.
Our budget for this opportunity is £7,500 (inclusive of VAT and all other expenses). In your application please include a budget breakdown, including a breakdown of filming and editing days.
If you are interested in applying for this project please send:
- A CV (including two references).
- An outline of your approach to the brief.
- A budget breakdown.
- Examples of previous work (preferably through an online link).
- We will also need to see evidence of your current DBS and Public Liability Insurance (up to £5 million cover).
Please send your application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday 13th October.
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 25th October. The interview panel will be made up of Cultural Spring Community Champions and Cultural Spring staff. Shortlisted candidates will be notified if they’ve been selected for an interview by Wednesday 18th October.
We are an equal opportunities organisation and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.