Join our Community Champion Forum
Community Champions are local people who support The Cultural Spring team to ensure that the programme is ambitious, high quality, accessible and serves the needs of the local community.
We’ve worked with lots of amazing people over the last three years and we want even more residents to get involved and have their say. We’re particularly interested to hear from residents living in The Cultural Spring’s target areas, but all residents in Sunderland and South Tyneside are welcome to attend.
As a Community Champion you will:
- Support the decision making process of The Cultural Spring
- Help to shape and develop The Cultural Spring programme
- Be the first to hear about The Cultural Spring programme and activities
- Receive complimentary tickets for selected Cultural Spring events
- Receive support from The Cultural Spring to develop your own arts projects and event (please note: this support will not be in the form of direct funding)
- Meet other people interested in arts and culture in the area
- Be supplied with copious amounts of cake!
In return we ask that you:
- Attend a quarterly two-hour Community Champion Forum
- Share your opinions and ideas to help develop The Cultural Spring programme
- Promote The Cultural Spring programme to other people in your community
- Be an ambassador for The Cultural Spring and the exciting cultural developments happening in South Tyneside and Sunderland
The 2017 Community Champion Forums are taking place at the following times:
- Tuesday 23rd May, 6.30-8.30pm at The Customs House
- Tuesday 5th September, 6.30-8.30pm (Venue TBC)
- Tuesday 6th December, 6.30-8.30pm (Venue TBC)
To become a Community Champion and reserve your place at the next Forum, please email Michael Barrass or call 0191 427 8197.