Since May 2018, five primary schools in South Tyneside have been taking part in an exciting project to create a series of original picture books. The schools involved in the project are:
- Biddick Hall Infants School
- Hadrian Primary
- Holy Trinity C of E Academy
- Lord Blyton Primary School
- St Aloysius RC Infant School
Each school selected an artist/illustrator to work with some of their pupils and families on the project. The artists/illustrators then delivered a series of fun and interactive workshops to develop the stories and the artwork for the picture books. The groups also enjoyed a guided tour of The Word and the ‘Monsters! The Good, The Bad and The Cuddly’ exhibition.
The following artists were selected to work on the project by the schools:
- Alizon Bennet (working with Hadrian Primary)
- Josie Brookes (working with St Aloysius RC Infant School)
- Headway Arts (working with Holy Trinity C of E Academy)
- Laura Joy Roberston (working with Biddick Hall Infants School)
- Julia Stafford (working with Lord Blyton Primary School)
The books will be launched in November 2018.
This project is supported by South Tyneside Council, The Word, The Customs House, The Works and Jasprint.
For more information about the Picture Book project, please contact Michael Barrass.